I wonder, why can't my family be like that of the others. People around me, as of late, it seems like they have a great relationship with their parents. They joke around, share secrets with each other. I just can't seems to do it. I wonder, when I actually manage to transfer over to the States, will I be any different than the way I am now? Will I learn to appreciate them more? It's just so hard to imagine, me, being all lovey dovey with my parents.
You see, my parents are quite the character. Trolls, you could call them trolls. Often, they would ask me "What exactly is you ideal type of parent" or "What do you want from us", and I would answer accordingly. Usually I would just say the only thing I want from them is a listening ear. After giving my answers, they apparently would acknowledge my request. BUT, they would not do anything about it. At the end of the day, every time I try to tell my story, they will interrupt me with all sorts of crap like life lessons or moral values, teachings and what not. All I wanted was for them to listen to what I have to say, I was not looking a life lesson nor was I asking for opinions, yet they can never shut up. My mom especially. I think it's impossible for her to not utter a single word for an entire day, or for that fact, even a couple of hours. It is physically impossible for her to bite her tongue and seal her mouth for even an hour. Adding oil to the fire, she has to always add in a "lesson to be learnt from this" in every bit of whatever she is trying to say. And well, being a Malaysian, she likes to state the obvious and repeat them a few times.
"Malaysian likes to state the obvious." "They always repeat everything they say." - Harith IskandarImagine how annoying it is, firstly to have the obvious stated all over again and secondly to hear it over and over again when it is totally unrelated to the actual point of the whole conversation. But oh well, that's my mother, I'm not sure whether I should be expecting a change from her like she promised. It's just so hard to ignore her, with her loud and annoying voice. How exactly am I suppose to be around this kind of person all day without getting ticked off?
And for my dad. Well, you could say that he's probably the stereotypical "busy trying to provide for the family" type. He's extremely bad with managing his stuff. Thus, he always brings back unwanted and unnecessary emotions from work. Thank God he moved his office out of the house. He always let his bad day of work affect his lifestyle at home. This always makes it hard to even start a convo with him. With his crappy attitude, plus his one track mind that works slowly, he would most likely retort in ways that would make feel like punching him in the face. I mean like seriously, people talk to him nicely, he replies in a rude and annoying way. It's just so irritating. And when I decide to stop talking to him completely, he says that I'M showing attitude. WOW, seriously. If there's a punching bag hanging around nearby, I'd hit it so hard that it'll blow to kingdom come.
Maybe from today onwards, I should just put up a farce by constantly smiling and saying "Whatever makes you happy" to everything that they say. If only this would get them off my backs.
Bah, thinking about all this pisses me off. I shall try not to dwell on it for today. It's the New Year. Things should be jolly and happy. Smile Smile. :) :)
So...
Happy New Year
Here's My New Year's Resolutions. Haha. Hope I'd actually be able to achieve them.
- Transfer to the United States
- Strength Up
- Stop Saying "Shit Suck Damn Freakking"
- Study
- Smile more
No comments:
Post a Comment